Monday, September 21, 2009

My Handmade Diaper Bag

Here is my diaper bag, I used a how to make your own diaper bag pattern that I found online. I had to do some calculations... and I also got some tips from: sewchristine. I used batting in between the outer layer and the liner, but if I did it again, I'd probably use interfacing to make it stiffer. I also forgot to sew the straps while I was sewing the layers together, so I had to do those afterwards (as you can see in the bottom picture)


Here is the inside of the bag, I made a pocket for my IPhone, keys, and a bottle or sippy cup. You can barely see that pocket on the right side of the bag. I put that on the inside, so that it wouldn't look like a diaper bag, but more like a purse. Pretty cool, huh? I really enjoyed making this and was able to do it in about 3 evenings...

0 comments:

 
;