Saturday, August 6, 2011

I want to be like you :)

I'm feeling soo blessed with friendships lately! I've had many different seasons of loneliness and insecurities and that makes me so grateful to have so many opportunities in front of me. I'm so thankful for the ladies that have reached out to me and given me an opportunity to be their friends and given me time to open up with them. I know I'm not the most talkative or exciting person to be around, though I would love to be. To be honest, my goal is to be like Tess Benson, super sweet, inviting, accepting, inclusive, and fun to be around. I'm just learning that I need to be confident in who God made me and not worry so much about what other people think of me. As long as I am who God wants me to be, that is who I want to be. I know God is giving me these opportunities to be around His people and build relationships, now I need to be willing to open up. To grab hold of these opportunities and jump in head first :)  In order to do this, I need to give each social engagement over to the Lord. To ask for His strength and confidence in each situation. So, I'd like to say thank you to Julee, Kate, Nicole, Tess, Michelle, for inviting me into your circle of friends and for just being super sweet and loving to me :) I love all of you!!

4 comments:

TessBenson said...

Oh Jessica, if you saw the blog post Im working on you would laugh!! Thanks, Im sooo glad to be getting to know you!!! You are beautiful and sweet!

Happiness In Numbers said...

You know it's really funny how many Mom's out there are having those same feelings (me very much at the top of that list). I'm so thankful to have you as a friend and your beautiful family :) I am very thankful that God provided an opportunity like Young Marrieds for me to get to know so many wonderful Mom's out there.

Juliana Williams said...

Jessica--I am so glad to hear that God is giving you confidence in who he has made you! That's when we are most available to the Lord and to others is when we know that we are loved and worth so much! Everyone always wishes they were more this or more that (trust me I wish that I wasn't so talkative and overwhelming). Love who you are!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I'm a little behind but this post made me happy to read! I'm glad that God is taking care of you. :)
-Natalie J

 
;