Friday, April 24, 2009

New Beginnings



Anthony Eric Jacobs

As we welcome the arrival of our newest family member, Anthony Eric Jacobs, I've decided to take this as an opportunity to start over. I'm going to start taking on my responsibilities with a new sense of pride and joy. I've started a new schedule for Alissa, putting her to bed at 9pm with a nap at 2pm. Today she went down for a nap at exactly 2pm. That is why I have a chance to blog, both kids are sleeping, Yeah! 

I've also started disciplining her, and it has been great to see her decide to make good decisions instead of disobeying. Today we were going to the car and running a bit late, so I told her to go get in her carseat, and I could tell she was thinking about wanting to drive the car (she really likes to play like she's driving the car with eric). She was about to start throwing a fit and I gave her a warning and immediately she went and got in her carseat, it was amazing. 

I'm also about to start working on feeding her more healthy foods, and making sure she's getting the proper servings of the 5 food groups. I will be using the MyPyramid for toddlers site as a guide. 

And, last but not least, Anthony, is doing well, He's finally on a better eating schedule, eating every 2 hours instead of every hour. He also sleeps great at night, he sleeps with me and eric and nurses throughout the night, but I'm able to get good sleep.

Here for your viewing pleasure, Alissa at the zoo, our christmas gift from the Huy Family, zoo passes:

5 comments:

Sheri Nash said...

Congrats guys!!! When was he born? He is beautiful!

Jessica Jacobs said...

I love the video. It's so cute. What a funny nervous laugh, I've never heard her do that.

Beverly Hernandez said...

Ahhh, that last comment was from me. Jessica was still signed in on my computer.

Jessica Jacobs said...

He was born April 1, April fools day, 6 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches long.

LaNette said...

My grandbabies are absolutely perfect and adorable! My heart practically busts open when I think how much I love them.I pray for them everyday, that God's hand will be upon them and that they will know Him and love Him with their whole hearts. Children and grandchildren are one of God's greatest gifts to us......we truly are blessed!

 
;