Wednesday, September 23, 2009

30 Day Cleaning Challenge - Day 3

Cleaned for: 15 min

Living Cleaner Rule of the Day: Rinse your dishes and put them in the dishwasher!!! This should be a no brainer...

Normally I wouldn't have done any cleaning today. I spent the day at my moms house and was not in the mood to clean this morning, I got up late today and was tired and just in a poor mood. So I left the house and figured I would worry about cleaning later. So when I got home tonight, I knew that if I didn't clean tonight, I would have to tell you all about it and give you a poor excuse for not doing it. This motivated me to do at least 15 min of cleaning. But once I got started I was able to clean for a longer amount of time. I even enjoyed it... Tonight I picked up a little in my bedroom and then went to the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher, loaded it, forgot to start it :) better go do that now. And then decided to clean my stove because I just got a new stove cleaner and stove scrubbers. I have an electric stove, which I didn't know how to clean, so I've just been wiping them down and over this past year, it's gotten food and grease just burnt onto, so it will take a while to get all that off. But the cleaner seemed to work okay, if anybody has any experience with this.. please let me know.

My Stove, after I cleaned it....

3 comments:

Julee Huy said...

Does the cleaner work? My burner racks are yucky even thoguh I clean them about every week. I need a good cleaner because I am just using soap and water.

My electric burners were not flat, they had a coil so I don't know how to clean yours.

Briana "Symmie" Simmons said...

HI HI HI!!! I love this 30 day plan. As you encouraged me I will you, I am going to be here reading and encouraging when I can. :)

I love the tips!

I had to clean my oven cuz its not self cleaning. It was a mess to do but in the end it was sparkling clean. I'm not sure how to help you with this other than just follow the directions. Thats what I did.

LaNette said...

Keep up the good work! I'm still trying to learn how to keep up on things so they don't become overwhelming. I think building good, everyday habits helps a lot but it's difficult to be consistant. One habit I've been working on is to wipe out the kitchen sink every time I use it. This way you never leave dishes undone and the sink is shiny. It makes a big differents in how the kitchen looks.

Good Luck

 
;