Thursday, January 7, 2010

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I'm a follower of Stay At Home Mommy A.K.A. Babychaser. She reminds me of myself in many ways, on of which being she has a son that is 3 months older than my daughter, and a baby girl that is a year older than Anthony. I find comfort and encouragement when reading her blog, because she is in the same season of life that I am, at home with toddlers, making messes :). But today's blog was more than I could ask for. I had a rough day today, it took me until 1pm to finish getting dressed and ready for the day, and broke down in tears when my daughter put a brand new roll of toilet paper in the sink (she's done this about 10 times although I've never caught her in the act, just found the soaking toilet paper roll). Needless to say, everything about my day was frustrating me, and more than once I grumbled or complained about something, I called my husband to let him know of my frustrations a couple times (which I know just blesses his day). I got through the day however, and Alissa was just a sweetheart, telling me it's okay mommy, don't cry, lets read this book, it'll be fun!, patting my back saying, shh shh shh. But now as I'm going to bed, I sit and read this post and the post by Kristin and I'm inspired to give God my frustrations and get rid of my bad attitude. Psalm 19:14 is one of my favorite bible verses:

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

This is my prayer and verse for this year

1 comments:

~Babychaser~ said...

What a great idea!!! I should definitely make this my verse for the year too! I know I need it!

Thanks for linking! And for the kind words. I've never been here before. It's fun to stop by!

 
;