Friday, October 10, 2008

The Power of a praying wife

I'm currently in a bible study with 8 girls that are my age and married. We just finished going through the bible study, Search for significance. That was a very good study, and I learned a lot from it. This week we are starting a new study. The power of a praying wife. I'm very excited to do this study, as I'm not very good at praying for my husband, and I'm always trying to fix him. When most of the time I know that I'm the one that needs to be fixed. But it's easier to blame him for my problems. I started reading the first chapter today and already have been touched by the study. I'm trying to do a little of the study everyday. In hopes to finish the first chapter by Wednesday when I meet with my girls again. The beginning of the study talked about us needing to pray for ourselves before we pray for our husbands, and be willing to change instead just wanting our husbands to change. I've examined my heart and know that I'm willing and ready to change. I feel like I have been dormant for a long time, not really changing just surviving. And now, I'm ready to make a change, ready to feel God working in my life, even if it means hard, difficult times. So, my prayer for today is that God will start working in my heart and preparing me for the change that He is going to put me through and that I will be diligent with the study and set aside time for it everyday. I'm committing to spend 15 min a day on the study, and going to complete that 15 min sometime between 11-1.

0 comments:

 
;